Sunday, June 20, 2010

Part One: NO!

This was taken before the toy embargo

I am sort of training ADD at times. This means I'm generally shaping two or three behaviors at once. The next several blog post will be about three tricks I'm currently working on. I'm going to put up some videos of a training session for each to show my current progress.

The first trick is "No thank you" aka I'm trying to teach Gaius to shake his head no. I'll work on yes when he has this one down pat... if he ever does. I also have tendency to get bored with a trick when it gets to the point where I have to add a command. This is always the hard part for me. I have this really cute trick called "mark" where he lifts his hind leg (Ok immature, but I like it) but for the life of me I can't get him to respond to the verbal command. I need to work on that. Hey! There's another post!

Anyhow, here is the start of me training Gaius to shake his head no. I'd say we've had four other training sessions working on this so far over the past month-ish. This isn't his first time with the skill but it's pretty early in the process. My biggest challenge right now is getting him to turn his head to the left further. He's got the right down pat. Also I'm having an off timing day clicker wise. But I think this was still a productive session.


No comments: